The sign of the TIME

Pisolo1965

Apprendista Cronoman
1 Febbraio 2007
Roma
Visita sito
Bici
Cervélo R5
la mattana, come dici tu, già l'ho fatta con il telaio, che tra l'altro non era in programma di cambiarlo, ma vista la sua bellezza nun je l'ho fatta a resistere.............meglio sacrificare un gruppo, che alla fine in più da poco o niente.
Speriamo che stia 5 anni in avanti, per ora posso dire che come peso è aumentato e non di poco...mi sembra un po come i telefonini cellulari, prima c'era la concorrenza e la corsa a farli sempre più piccoli e leggeri e poi una volta raggiunto il traguardo hanno iniziato di nuovo a costruirli con le dimensioni dei tv plasma, stesso discorso per i telai, corri corri a costruire il più leggero per poi tornare a farli con tubazioni di diametro esagerato con peso di un etto mezzo superiore.
Sta di fatto, almeno questa è la mia considerazione, che un po tutti si assomigliano.............basta che guardi il Look 586.....spero che al più presto mi passi la mania di star sempre a comprare l'ultimo "arrivato".....anzi più che mania la chiamerei malattia...........la malattia un po di tutti noi di voler l'ultima novità, che poi non sempre risulta migliore della cosa che ora abbiamo...

palix

Apprendista Scalatore
14 Settembre 2007
conca fallata milano
Visita sito
Bici
BMC Teammachine SLR 01 Disc, BMC Timemachine Road 01, Cervelo S3, BMC TT
la mattana, come dici tu, già l'ho fatta con il telaio, che tra l'altro non era in programma di cambiarlo, ma vista la sua bellezza nun je l'ho fatta a resistere.............meglio sacrificare un gruppo, che alla fine in più da poco o niente.
Speriamo che stia 5 anni in avanti, per ora posso dire che come peso è aumentato e non di poco...mi sembra un po come i telefonini cellulari, prima c'era la concorrenza e la corsa a farli sempre più piccoli e leggeri e poi una volta raggiunto il traguardo hanno iniziato di nuovo a costruirli con le dimensioni dei tv plasma, stesso discorso per i telai, corri corri a costruire il più leggero per poi tornare a farli con tubazioni di diametro esagerato con peso di un etto mezzo superiore.
Sta di fatto, almeno questa è la mia considerazione, che un po tutti si assomigliano.............basta che guardi il Look 586.....spero che al più presto mi passi la mania di star sempre a comprare l'ultimo "arrivato".....anzi più che mania la chiamerei malattia...........la malattia un po di tutti noi di voler l'ultima novità, che poi non sempre risulta migliore della cosa che ora abbiamo...

dici bene, malattia...qual'è il peso dichiarato?

Pisolo1965

Apprendista Cronoman
1 Febbraio 2007
Roma
Visita sito
Bici
Cervélo R5
Qui parla di un prezzo di 3999 euro...................
Come mai in Italia arriva a costare 4800 eurelli??????
E se uno andasse a comprarlo direttamente al negozio di Parigi, secondo voi risparmierebbe???

Bouygues Telecom's Time RXR Ulteam IN CYCLINGNEWS.COM
24-07-2008 19:07

By James Huang

The Bouygues Telecom team was spotted The French Bouygues Telecom team has among its quiver a new RXR Ulteam road machine from Time. Visually speaking, the RXR Ulteam is somewhat of a hybrid of the existing VXRS Ulteam road and RXR time trial frames: the seat tube wears a deep aero profile with a wheel-hugging cutout, the top tube and down tube adopt a more triangular shape and the frame in general is more tightly creased.
Time reportedly continues to use its RTM (Resin Transfer Molding) manufacturing technique for the new RXR Ulteam but has supposedly toned down the stiffness somewhat relative to the VXRS, partially to make up for the deeper tube profiles. The 1000g claimed frame weight is also a bit heavier than VXRS' 915g figure but still plenty light, plus its slippery shape might actually be faster on the road.
Even so, this new model seems to be spending more time on top of the team car than on the road. Given how few of them we spotted, we're guessing the team might want to log some more testing time before relying on it in major events.
Up top there's the familiar integrated seatmast although Time has fitted the RXR with a new carbon two-bolt head (with titanium hardware) that provides 3cm of height adjustment. The front derailleur braze-on mount is height-adjustable as well for use with standard or compact cranksets.
What the new RXR Ulteam won't be, however, is inexpensive; projected retail cost is said to be in the neighborhood of €3999 although that will at least include the accompanying fork, headset, stem and seatpost head.

Pisolo1965

Apprendista Cronoman
1 Febbraio 2007
Roma
Visita sito
Bici
Cervélo R5
TIME RXR ULTEEM

ONE OF ONE IN AMERICA: THE ALL NEW TIME RXR ULTEEM
What fun I had today! Not only did my long-time friend Floyd stop in for a visit and a ride, but Gilles from Time Sport USA brought me the first of what is sure to be the next big thing in cycling: the 2009 RXR Ulteem! If you didn't know it yet, I believe TIME makes the best bike on the market. Entirely made by hand, in FRANCE (absolutely NO outsourcing), using a patented Resin Transfer Molding process, these bicycles are without equal.
Its worth noting that the founder of TIME bicycles was also the founder of LOOK. So notice, if you can, in the evolution of the LOOK line just how many ideas and concepts have been "borrowed" from TIME.
Anyway, TIME has not unveiled a new model in 3 years. In that time they changed the color scheme a few times, but kept the structure of the bicycle the same. Along the way, professional riders won countless races as TIME sponsored the Quick-Step team, taking home both Olympic titles and World Championship titles three years in a row.

So, having something that clearly worked, the idea for the past few years was not to 'reinvent the wheel' but to simply change the paint and give it a new name a few times. Until now.

For 2009, TIME will introduce the RXR Ulteem. A completely new design with patented construction processes that will surely spawn imitations just like their ground-breaking "Translink" system which almost every company is now copying. I was thrilled that I was included in the early viewing of the bike, and even more excited at the chance to ride one! Just think, one of one in America and its my size!!! Not only did I get to try the new bike, but check out the new TIME wheels!

The concept of an integrated seat-tube/post was created by TIME. It is called the "TRANSLINK" system. When introduced a half dozen years ago, many called it ugly or even silly, but today the concept pioneered by TIME can be seen on bicycles from Specialized, Cannondale, Wilier, Scott, & Giant to name just a few. This new Translink is ovalized and ads a ton of stiffness...something I certainly felt as I powered in the saddle in two cogs smaller than normal over the climbs on PCH. Just to give you an idea, I rolled south on PCH from the shop and went up the roller after Aliso Creek pushing my 50x15 at a speed of 27mph all the way over the top! I was definitely gassed at the top, but the sensations the frame gave me under load only made me want to push harder....and that's exactly the feeling you want your bike to give when applying pressure.

The bike came fitted with all Campagnolo Record, and I'm glad it did! It worked great. Something new to me was the Fulcrum Carbon Crank. I've seem 'em in pictures but not in person. Obviously made by Campy, it worked great and looked really cool!

We rode about 28 miles on this test ride. Over plenty of rollers, lots of very smooth asphalt and enough rough pavement to get a very well-rounded idea of the bike. First impression: very, very stiff. Very. Probably the stiffest bike I've ever ridden. Powerful riders, or just plain heavy riders will really appreciate that. It was effortless to keep momentum rolling and motiviating enough to compell me to keep adding pressure on the pedals until my heart rate couldn't take it any more. The wheels did a lot to soak up a lot of the deflection caused by the rougher sections of pavement we rode, but the TIME branded Selle San Marco left much to be desired. The seat was way too hard for me and really left me with an incomplete impression of the ride.

I am going to have the bike back in the shop next week, and I've been told I'll be able to keep it for a while. The first thing I'm going to do is change out the seat for my beloved Fizik Aliante and then hit the road to ride at least twice as far as this inital ride....I'll post up another review, so check back if you're interested to know more

Pisolo1965

Apprendista Cronoman
1 Febbraio 2007
Roma
Visita sito
Bici
Cervélo R5
TECH NEWS: TIME-SPORT'S PARIS SHOWROOM in www.roadbikeaction.com
02-07-2008 18:13

imagefly.aspx
pixel.gif
By Brad Roe

Time-Sport's opened up a Paris Showroom on the famous Avenue de La Grande Armee, last November and has welcomed riders from around the world to visit, test ride a new bike, try out some wheels or pedals or just look around the elegant showroom. Boxed-in by all major motorcycle and car companies (including Ducati and Ferarri) on the street, the Time showroom is only one of two bicycle companies left on the Grand Armee, which used to be the bicycle shop hub of Paris.

Being in Paris, I took Time up on the offer to take a ride on a 2009 VXRS around the famous Moulin de Lonchamps, a 3.5 kilometer loop around a racetrack called the Hippodrome 10 kilometers outside of town. Before the ride, store manager, Dominique Durand, a former racer from the Rennes region where the Tour will start this year, showed me some new products from Time.

timexenwheelsThumbnail.jpg

pixel.gif
The 300 gram XEN pedals
XEN PEDALS
We've seen photos of these pedals but never got a close look. Weighing in at only 300 grams per pair, the larger platform surface stands out as does the angular adjustment. The XEN's are available in Carbon or the XenS.

TSX CRANKS
timetxscranksThumbnail.jpg
pixel.gif
The 800 gram, monocoque, TSX Cranks

We got a look at the new TSX cranks on Time's cross-frame. The monocoque TSX's feature an chromoly, oversized integrated bottom bracket axle, external oversized bearings and sizes from 147 millimeters to 172.5. They weigh just under 800 grams.

ERGO FORCE BAR
The new Ergo Force is a one-piece carbon design, which features a combination of unidirectional and bi-directional carbon braids and include an aluminum insert fitted into the bar during molding, to strengthen the stem/bar junction. The bars will come in 42, 44 and 46 centimeter sizes and with a weight of around 230 grams.
timebarsThumbnail.jpg
pixel.gif
The Ergo Force bars are re-inforced with aluminum at the stem junction. A nice touch.

HI TENSE WHEELS
timewheelsThumbnail.jpg
pixel.gif
The Hi-Tense Wheels by Fullani complete Time's component expansion for this year.

Time has now entered the wheel arena with the new Hi-Tense wheelset by Fullani. The innovative wheels weight in at 1550 grams, feature aluminum rims (23mm front, 25mm rear), stainless, straight spokes (20 front, 24 rear) and carbon front and rear hubs with a front carbon axle. The interesting thing about these wheels is the "Quasi-Symmetrical" umbrella design paired with high spoke tension (hence, Hi-Tense Wheels), and wide track bearings

palix

Apprendista Scalatore
14 Settembre 2007
conca fallata milano
Visita sito
Bici
il prezzo non lo so però non ne ho sentito parlare bene...........
Effettivamente la guarnitura Fulcrum ci sta davvero da sballoooooooooooo

quoto
anch'io nn conosco il prezzo della guarnitura time, ma fulcrum è eccellente (oltre a essere esteticamente splendida)

Lupin III

Apprendista Velocista
12 Giugno 2008
Canton Ticino-Svizzera
Visita sito

E se uno andasse a comprarlo direttamente al negozio di Parigi, secondo voi risparmierebbe???

Comunque anche se vieni in Svizzera il prezzo è il corrispondente di 3999 euro, sempre per il modulo ,(sui 6500.- fr svizzeri) e con la dogana e il cambio franco /euro ci guadagni pure!!!
In Italia vi aggiungono quasi 1000 euro, mi sa che c'è qualcosa che non va...
ciau

palix

Apprendista Scalatore
14 Settembre 2007
conca fallata milano
Visita sito
Bici

Comunque anche se vieni in Svizzera il prezzo è il corrispondente di 3999 euro, sempre per il modulo ,(sui 6500.- fr svizzeri) e con la dogana e il cambio franco /euro ci guadagni pure!!!
In Italia vi aggiungono quasi 1000 euro, mi sa che c'è qualcosa che non va...
ciau

scusate, ma per me che sono di milano, acquistarlo in svizzera sarebbe un vero affare...
perfavore non mi tentate!

Pisolo1965

Apprendista Cronoman
1 Febbraio 2007
Roma
Visita sito
Bici
Cervélo R5
il mio sivende di como la vende a 3.900 iva esclusa, con possibilità di un piccolo sconto
Beh arrivi a 4680, questo prezzo e anche meno me lo farebbe anche il mio si vende se non gli rendessi il mio telaio.
E poi molti lo mettono un po meno ma in dotazione non ti danno ne il secondo portaborraccia Time ne la sacca porta bici originale Time, imbottita molto bella di un valore di 180 euro!!!